Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Obama Wins!


Hard to believe, eh? I was in tears watching the acceptance speech.  Dad was so anxious about Obama winning- is now anxious about him staying alive.

So glad to get Musgrave and some of the other hate-mongering Republicans out of there. I have new found respect and love for my fellow Americans.

And yet, a sad note as gays and lesbians have their rights stripped in California. Progress, not perfection. Sadly, all of the gay rights measures have gone against us in this election (Arizona, Florida, Arkansas). More sad, still, is its reflection of gay rights issues within the African American community. May we continue to progress in all communities.

By the way, this photo is my Aunt Bonnie with Obama, back when he was running for the Senate.  I'm so proud of my family- Bonnie is the President of the Dems of Evanston, IL, my father working the campaign full-time all month, my mother running outreach efforts from her house and using her weekly salons for the cause... I love you all.

No comments: